NEW ARTISTS ARENA

New community is already open!!! Still in BETA but please go try
It is called ArtistsArena.Org
Before posting please watch the video instruction
here:
Make sure you follow the instruction otherwise your post will not show up.
Watch out for the up coming ART TOURNAMENT every two weeks with awesome PRIZE for the winner!!! Be prepare. ;-)

Friday, November 6, 2009

Still life

Hi. This is my first time posting. You guy do some really great stuff! I picked up drawing again a little over a month ago and am trying to improve by drawing at least on thing a day.

This is a drawing I did of on of my son's toys. Any comments appreciated. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Luca said...

Hi and welcome around here. Well it's definitely not bad in terms of proportions but you didn't manage to convey them well. I would suggest you to work a bit more on line weight. keep in mind that when a certain area is exposed to light you have to decreaase the line weight and do the opposite when there's shadow.

good luck and one last thing work on some cross-hatching technique.

Peace

Justin said...

Yeah, I agree. I've mostly been working on line drawing and getting the shape of things up until now. This is the first time I've worked on shading. I'll definitely work on cross-hatching, I've never really used that before.

Thanks!

I Draw Girls, and more

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

TO JOIN Idraw Community Sketches and Doodles: Click here or contact Knuckle930.
Peace!

* We have reached the member cap of blogspot and haven't found any solution jet. If you know any, let us know. *

Exclusive Sketches from SketchWich!!!